Thursday, March 29, 2012

"I lift things up and put them down."

Since starting my journey in 2008 I have exercised fairly consistantly. I go on kicks with things. Like, for months I'll be into running, or the elliptical, or the Arc Trainer, etc, etc, etc. Yes, I lose weight and get better at whatever I'm doing, but I never really *see* results. That is, until I start lifting.


Lifting weights is the only way I start to see actually changes in my body. Like, toning and losing inches (not pounds). I feel more motivated by results, but I also feel like I'm a better athlete and more balanced. Mentally, I feel more empowered. I just feel myself getting stronger overall!


More women need to know the importance of strength training. Not only does it aid in injury prevention and balance, strength training also decreases fat! HERE's a cool little Top 10 list of the benefits of women strength training.



No comments:

Post a Comment